Acorn Money Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – registration number ZA085314 – and operates in accordance with all relevant UK data protection legislation in its treatment of personal data provided by users.
1. What information we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us through forms or surveys we operate or when you speak to us. This includes but is not limited to information collected when you register, subscribe to a newsletter, contact us, complete an application or request a quote
- Details of visits to our sites and activity on or site, including information about your computer
- Any details you post on our social media accounts, including Facebook and social media
- We also collect information when you complete customer feedback or customer surveys or make a complaint
- Social logins: Facebook ID, Twitter ID, Google ID, first name, last name, email (or additional fields if there are any)
- Telephone calls to our offices are recorded for training and security purposes
2. Your responsibility to provide accurate information
It is important that you provide full, complete and accurate information in relation to a request for finance or insurance to ensure the product is suited to your requirements.
If your personal details are incorrect or you become aware that we have not captured them correctly, please inform us immediately.
Please also read the policy documents or loan/plan agreements to ensure your details are correctly captured.
If you are a joint applicant or if you have told Us to some other financial association with another person, you must be sure that you are entitled to: disclose information about your joint applicant and anyone referred to by you; and:
- authorise Us to use their information as described above, and
- authorise Us to search, link or record information at Credit Reference Agencies about you and anyone referred to by you
3. How your information is used
We will use the information you provide to us in the following ways:
- To process your order
- To prevent fraud
- As testimonials, however your contact details will not be displayed
- For statistical analysis by Acorn Money
- To review our customer service and improve in line with your feedback
- Regulatory reporting
We may disclose your information to other businesses in our group, including our subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries to fulfil your request and to provide services and products we think may be of use to you.
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
Payment will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don’t share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We would like to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
Where you consent to receiving information about our goods and services, we may contact you by telephone, email or SMS in relation to these products.
We will also contact you by telephone and electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, or use your data in this way please tick the relevant box on screen when you register or apply for a product.
If you wish to change your marketing communications preferences at any time, please contact us at [email protected].
5. Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information held about you. We may make a small charge for this service. Please see our contact details below.
If any information is inaccurate, please let us know to correct or remove the relevant information.
A cookie is a small file of letters
and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if
you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For further information please see www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
7. Other websites
Our terms and conditions and our
policies will not apply to other websites that you access via a link from our
9. How to contact us
If you need any further information on how your data is used or how we maintain data security you can contact us by any of the below means:
Post: Acorn Money, 2 Union Square Darlington DL1 1GL
Email: [email protected]
10. Your Right to Complain to the Information Commissioner
If you have a concern regarding our information practices you can contact the Information Commissioner on 0330 123 1113 or 01625 545 745.